Yesterday I was really excited that I was going to go to an agility lesson on a Wednesday, not Sunday like usual. I always have fun when I go, because I like Jessica. She tells me how handsome I am, so she clearly has 20/20 vision. There are also nice smells there and chickens to watch and grass to run on, so it’s a fun time.
Yesterday, Jessica had Mom and me run a few different courses with all kinds of obstacles. Apparently I did a good job, but Mom needed some remediation. I got to go rest in a shady spot while Jessica showed Mom about how to give me better cues (something about her shoulders) and how to analyze a course. Obviously *I* already know how to analyze a course.
- Check to see if there’s anyone there (like the judge or leash runner) who needs for you to go visit.
- Check to see if there is a teeter on the course and if there is, remember the location so you know how much time you have to decide whether or not to do it.
- Note where both the entrance and exit are (as well as the chair where your leash will be placed) in case you decide to leave early.
- Do a sniff to see if it’s worth slowing down to smell or if you should just run and do stuff.
- Check to see if Mom is offering to give you good treats if you run the whole course. That’s it. Easy peasy.
Apparently for Mom, there’s a different list, so Jessica was helping her understand that. There was something about corners, insides, outsides, lines, angles, dots, lines, dotted lines, and some other stuff. My list seems easier, so I’m going to stick with it. Mom can have her own list as long as my #5 is on there.
That was all fun, and I was ready to come home when Mom pulled a sneaky move and took me to the DOG WASH to get groomed. Apparently the place she uses when she doesn’t wash us outside at home was offering a FREE wash, so decided to torture me with that. She says I smell better and don’t have elf feet anymore, and that makes her happy, so I guess the torture was worth it.
She promised to take me for a walk and to show me some of what she learned yesterday. I’m up for that as long as I don’t have to compute angles or anything.